Data Scientist (m/w)
Data Scientist (m/w)
About Touring Assurances
Member of the Axa Group, Touring Assurances is market leader in direct insurance in Belgium. Every day, our 160 staff are on hand to guarantee a quality and personalised service for our 150,000 customers and our partners.
Touring Assurances today remains a company that operates on a human scale. At its offices in the Tour & Taxis building in Brussels, at our satellite office in Tongeren and at the 10 Axa outlets located throughout Belgium, the atmosphere is friendly and informal, reflecting the spirit of a young and growing company.
Touring Assurances attaches great importance to its staff and the quality of interpersonal relations. Because it takes a solid team to meet everyday challenges and translate them into effective and innovative solutions for our customers.
Do you too have boundless energy, confidence in your abilities, and the desire to contribute to the success of a fast-growing company?
Please send your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
As Data Scientist, your main mission will be to provide your technical expertise both to shape the data strategy of the company and to provide solutions to business challenges.
- Work closely with business experts to understand the operational needs (actuarial, marketing, operations,…) and collaborate with them to identify the relevant data (both internal and external)
- Help identify issues and opportunities for collecting data and work closely with other members of the team to define data collection & organization approach
- Apply Data Science tools to solve business challenges (incl. machine learning)
- Develop algorithms and procedures for which you will measure the relevance, performance and robustness over time.
- Works in iterative processes with the business and validates findings.
- Manage and transmit knowledge through appropriate documentation and visualization tools
- Work with other departments to ensure operational use of results and measure impact on key business indicators.
- Help promote a data& analytics driven culture in the company.
- Ability to translate the reality of business into models and to understand their implications and limitations
- Experience with advanced statistical modelling
- Very good programming skills (R, SAS, Python)
- Strong experience in data processing (e.g. data mining, social network analysis, text mining…)
- Practice with database access (SQL)
- Knowledge of data transformation and data preparation techniques
- Customer oriented
- Awareness on Data Management practices as described for instance in the Data Management Body of Knowledge (Data Lifecycle Management, Data Privacy & Security constraints,…)
- Intellectual curiosity / Continuous learner/Problem solver
- Results focused
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, on complex projects that involve many different stakeholders
- Ideally fluency in Dutch, French and English
- Passionate about data and statistical analysis
- Bac +4/5 (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, …)
- At least 2 years relevant experience
Key attraction of the job
- An attractive remuneration package
- A professional but friendly and positive working environment
- Training and ongoing coaching
- A job with a wide range of aspects
- The potential to have a strong autonomy, in line with your skills and capacity